This is one of the good opportunity for Malaysian who want to pursue study at University Of Queensland, Australia.
The University of Queenslandâ€™s UQ Economics Scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence to outstanding Malaysian students.
TwoÂ categories of scholarship are offered for students seeking to commence in semester 1, 2008:
- Bachelor of Economics â€“ 3 years (approx. scholarship value AUD 59 280 / RM 164 100)
- Master of International Economics and Finance
- Master of Business Economics
- Master of Health Economics
Bachelor of Economics program at UQ in February 2008 â€“ students must have obtained:
- an aggregate of at least 9 in A-levels, STPM or equivalent
- a GPA of at least 5.5 or the equivalent in Diploma studies
- TER 93.65 (or equivalent SAM, NSW HSC etc.)
- UEC (Senior Middle 3)
This scholarship offer is also available for students seeking advance standing or credit transfers.Â UQ Economics Scholarship holders are permitted to enroll in a dual degree program, studying towards the Bachelor of Economics degree.
Students who are awarded the UQ Economics scholarship and who attain strong academic results throughout the BEcon program can apply to be considered for an Honours scholarship. The Honours scholarship would cover 50% of tuition fees for the one year program undertaken upon completion of the BEcon program (valued at a further AUD 9 600 or RM 27 800).
To apply for the UQ Economics scholarship to commence at UQ in Semester 1 2007, students must have:
- Completed an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution
- Good academic results with a Grade Point Average of at least 7.5 out of 10 (or equivalent)
- English language proficiency – Students must meet UQâ€™s English language entry requirements.
a) Complete the UQ undergraduate or coursework application form, which can be downloaded from the UQ website or obtained from any of the offices listed below(b) Please include the following documents:
- academic transcripts
- cover letter indicating your interest in applying for the scholarship
- two letters of reference (including at least 1 academic reference)
(c) Please return the completed application from and supporting documents to one of the offices listed below
(d) Applications must be received at UQ for February 2008 commencement by 23 November 2007.
(e) Application fee of AUD $50 is waived for economics scholarship applications
For further information, please contact:
- Leonard Fitzpatrick, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taylor’s College Placement Centre, Subang JayaÂ Â Â Â Chew Li San: Tel: (03) 5636 2641
- INTI International College Penang, University Placement OfficeÂ Â Â Â Simone Lee:Â Tel: (04) 644 0138
- IDP Education Australia MalaysiaÂ Â www.idp.com/malaysia
(approx. scholarship value for 3 semester Masters: AUD 29 640 / RM 82 070)
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- post posted wed uq