- HK$100,000 (i.e. about US$12,853)per year for each awardee, covering tuition fee, hostel and other academic and living expenses.
- Each scholarship is offered on an annual renewable basis and is tenable for a period of up to 3 years, subject to continued outstanding academic performance.
- The details of the scholarships for full-time undergraduate studies at Lingnan University are on our scholarships webpage
- School students who have completed 7 years of secondary education.
- College students who have completed 6 years of secondary education plus one year of study in a 4-year undergraduate curriculum.
- Students who have satisfactorily completed the 1st or 2nd year of a 4-year undergraduate curriculum will be admitted to the 1st or 2nd year of a Lingnan programme.
- Students may be required to gain a minimum of Grade C in English in the GCE O-Level or GCSE Examination or an equivalent public examination; or a TOEFL score of 213 in the computer-based test, or 550 in the paper-based test, or 79 in the internet-based test; or an IELTS overall band score of 5.5.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student who has good academic standing and a good track record in community services. For candidates of comparable academic merits, the scholarship will be awarded to the candidate with better proven records of community services.
For online application, please go to this website
For paper-form application, you can download the application materials from this website . Please submit the completed Scholarship Application form with your Application for Admission form together with other supporting documents by post to: The Registry, Lingnan University, 8 Castle Peak Road, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong.
31 March 2008 (Late applications will be considered subject to the availability of places.)
Programmes of Study:
The University offers programmes in Chinese, Contemporary English Studies, Contemporary English and Education, Cultural Studies, Translation, History, Philosophy, Visual Studies, Business Administration and Social Sciences.
A student normally takes 3 years of full-time study to complete a programme for the award of a bachelor’s degree, except the Contemporary English and Education programme which requires 4 years for completion. You can find information on our 2008-2009 programmes by visiting our website www.ln.edu.hk/reg/info/prospectus/.
For information on the scholarships and admissions matters, please contact Ms Carrie Mak/ Ms Annie Kung.
Email: Â Â Â registry@LN.edu.hk
Tel. no.: Â Â Â 852-2616 8750
Fax no.: Â Â Â 852-2572 5178/ 2454 4379
Website: Â Â Â www.ln.edu.hk/admissions/da/intl/
Address: The Registry, Lingnan University, 8 Castle Peak Road, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong.
Submitted by : Carrie