- Pay close attention to scholarship application deadlines. Use a calendar, make a schedule for yourself and stick to it. Applications submitted past the deadline are usually not considered.
- Gather application materials early â€” give yourself plenty of time to complete each step. Applications that have been rushed look sloppy and incomplete applications probably won’t be accepted.
- Don’t ignore small awards. Even these can add up!
- Prepare your resume and keep it updated- this is a good way to outline your thoughts and show your activities and achievements.
- Think carefully about who should write your letters of recommendation. Choose people who can be specific about your strengths as well as your ability to overcome your weaknesses.
- In your essays, let your personality shine through. Present your ideas in a focused, thoughtful and meaningful manner. Write in a natural style and support your ideas with specific examples.
- Proofread your essays and applications. Ask friends, teachers or parents for feedback. Errors or poor writing skills will have a negative effect.
- Keep a copy of everything you submit!
- If you are notified that you have received a scholarship made possible by a specific donor, send a thank-you note to the donor. Also, if appropriate, keep the donor informed of your progress.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms: