The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE), in cooperation with the GE Foundation (USA), invites applications for the 2009/10 GE Foundation Scholars-Leaders Program open to qualified undergraduates who gain admission into Malaysian institutions of higher learning.
The GE Foundation established the scholarship fund as part of its philanthropic activity to encourage and support outstanding talents in countries where General Electric has offices and factories. Applications from ALL ethnic groups are highly encouraged.
Field Of Study
- Candidates accepted by a Malaysian institute of higher learning towards a bachelors degree as a first year student for the academic year 2009 will be considered for the award.
- This award is for candidates who will not be receiving any financial assistance from other organizations.
- Must be a Malaysian citizen majoring in Business, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics at local university. The award is limited to students accepted to Universiti Malaya, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak & Universiti Malaysia Sabah.
- 3 awards will be available for the year 2009/10
- The selection criteria is based on academic result, financial need and leadership potential demonstrated by extra-curricular activities, community and social work.
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship amount is USD 2,000 renewable up to 3 years, not including the first year of the degree program, based on certification of a continuing outstanding academic performance report received from the Dean of the university where enrolled.
How To Apply
Download the application HERE. Fill up the form and send it to the following address with all relevant documents:
GE FOUNDATION SCHOLAR-LEADERS PROGRAM
18TH FLOOR, MENARA YAYASAN TUN RAZAK
200 JALAN BUKIT BINTANG
55100 KUALA LUMPUR
All applicants need to have an email account to receive updates on the scholarship. All decisions of MACEE’s Selection Committee are final.
19 March 2010 (before 4:30pm)
For more information, please visit MACEE Portal