The ASEAN Scholarships aim to provide opportunities to the young people of ASEAN to develop their potential and equip them with skills that will enable them to confidently step into the new millennium.
The ASEAN Scholarships lead to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificates. Outstanding students who perform well in the GCE ‘A’ Level (or equivalent) Examination may apply for the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships offered by the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University or Singapore Management University.
Value Of Award
- Exemption from school and examination fees
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (secondary) or S$2,400 (Pre-university)
- Accommodation (board & lodging)
- Return transport allowance to and from Singapore (once)
- Others – including medical benefits, settling-in allowance etc.
Who can apply
- Nationals of Malaysia
- Secondary One Scholarship – born between 1996 – 1998, studying in Standard 6/Form 1 or its equivalent
- Secondary Three Scholarship – born between 1994 – 1996, studying in Form 2/Form 3 or its equivalent
- Pre-University Scholarships – born between 1992 – 1994, studying in Form 5 or its equivalent. Those who have completed the SPM or the GCE O-Level in 2009 with excellent result may also apply.
How To Apply
Applicants can apply online at http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/scholarships/asean/. Application forms can also be obtained at High Commission of the Republic of Singapore, 209 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 KL.
The deadline for application is on 15 April 2010.