Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship 2013
The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship provides financial sponsorship to Malaysians who plan to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge. The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship 2013, established in 2009, is jointly sponsored by Yayasan Khazanah, the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust and the Malaysian Commonwealth Studies Centre.
The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship 2013 is a part of leadership development programme that is aimed at building Malaysia’s future leadership talent. Recipients of this scholarship are expected to not only demonstrate academic excellence, but also develop their leadership skills through training and participation in a number of activities.
Scholars of the programme will undergo an enriching personal journey, and will also be part of a cadre of future leaders that will be groomed to eventually lead Malaysia’s government-linked companies (GLCs). It is a career-long journey that offers Malaysia’s top talents an opportunity to realize their full potential in the transformation of Malaysia’s GLCs into globally competitive corporations.
Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship 2013 Eligibility
Citizens of Malaysia who will be applying to, or who have already secured a conditional or unconditional offer to admission into the University of Cambridge, and meet the requirements below:
- Not exceeding 21 years of age as at the enrolment date for the degree programme
- Must have an excellent academic track record, with an actual or predicted minimum of 3 As, or show evidence of excellent performance throughout their pre-university studies
- Must apply to pursue a full-time residential degree
- Below 40 years of age
- Must have a First Class or a Second Class (Upper) honours degree, or where there is a point system, a minimum CGPA of 3.5, or its equivalent. For those applying for a doctoral degree with a research Masters degree, they must show an excellent report for their thesis. In the event that formal qualification has yet to be conferred, applicants must show evidence of excellent performance throughout their studies.
- Must apply to pursue any one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
a) Research leading to the PhD degree
b) One-year postgraduate courses (e.g MPhil, LLM, MBA etc)
Fields of Study
- Business Studies/ Economics/Finance/ Laws
- Bio Engineering/ Bio Informatics/ Molecular Biology/ Genomics/ Bio Technology/ Bio Chemistry
- Electronics/ Micro-Electronics/ Material Sc/ Nanotechnology
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship will cover for the full duration of the course of study, and provides for tuition fees, monthly living expenses, return air passage and other provisions, such as a book allowance, establishment- and end-of-study allowances.
How to Apply
All applications for Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship 2013 must be made online at Yayasan Khazanah website.
The closing date for Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship 2013 is on 17 September 2012.
For more information of Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship 2013, kindly visit official Yayasan Khazanah portal.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- www khazanah com my/scholarship htm (85)
- www khazanah com my (25)
- scholarship in malaysia 2013 (19)
- university of cambridge malaysia (19)
- khazanah cambridge scholarship 2012 (16)
- scholarsip malaysia for cambridge (1)
- CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA (1)
- khazanah mba cambridge (1)
- khazanah cambridge scholarship (1)
- Khazanah Cambridge (1)