Japanese Government with the collaboration of Japan Graduates Association of Malaysia (JAGAM), a chapter of ASEAN Council of Japan Alumni (ASCOJA) will be providing a scholarship (Japanese Government Scholarship Students with ASCOJA recommendation) to an eligible applicant for Master or PhD course for the April 2011 enrollment.
Fields of Study
Humanities and Social Sciences:
Literature, History, Aesthetics, Laws, Politics, Economics, Commerce,
Pedagogy, Psychology, Sociology, Music, Fine Arts, Business Administration & etc.
Pure science, Engineering (Biomedical Eng, Civil Eng, Environmental Eng & etc.),
Agriculture, Fisheries, Pharmacology, Medicine, Dentistry, Home Economics & etc.
- Students majoring in medicine or dentistry shall not be allowed to carry out their clinical studies by conducting medical examinations or performing operations, unless they are permitted by the Ministry of Health and Welfare under the provisions of the Japanese laws concerned.
- Fields of study must be one of those available at Japanese universities. Practical training given by factories or companies are excluded.
- Must be Malaysian citizens
- Under 35 years of age as of 1st April 2011
- Applicants must be university or college graduates, ideally a first class or second upper honours degree holder (CGPA must be at least 3.20 out of 4.0).
- Applicant must have good command of Japanese language AND/OR English language, preferably those possessing valid TOEFL, IELTS or TOIEC certificate.
- The study area must be in the same field as the applicant has studied (or is now studying) or is working in a related field.
- Applicants must (be willing to) learn Japanese language and (to) receive university instruction in Japanese.
Value of Scholarship
During the term of the scholarship, the recipient will have a monthly allowance of approximately 152,000 yen while fees and tuition at university will be exempted. A round-trip airplane ticket is also provided.
How to Apply
Documents to be submitted:
- (a) Original undergraduate academic transcript in ENGLISH or JAPANESE language, OR a photocopy of the transcript CERTIFIED by ISSUING AUTHORITY*. Academic transcript not certified by the issuing authority, as well as computer generated academic transcript, is not accepted. The page containing information on grading system (ex. Grade A = 81-100, Grade B = 71-80, etc) must also be included. Applicant who submits photocopy of transcript without certification by issuing authority, as well as photocopy of transcript without grading information, will be disqualified.
- (b) FULLY COMPLETED application form, in ENGLISH or JAPANESE language only. Sample application form is available at the Embassy of Japan website during application period only.
Application must reach the JAGAM (Japan Graduates Association of Malaysia), either by hand or by post (including courier services and express post) before closing date.
Japan Graduates Association of Malaysia (JAGAM)
No. 88, Jalan SS 2/4,
47300 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel : 03-7877 4312
Fax : 03-7877 4311
Office hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm
The closing date is 16 April 2010 (Friday), before 4.00pm
For more information, please visit http://www.jagam.org.my/