The Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA) presents young and outstanding Malaysians a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embark on a journey that will allow them to realise their goals.
This undergraduate scholarships to Maxis postpaid customers or children of customers who have excelled both in their academic studies as well as their extra-curricular activities.
Maxis seeks well rounded individuals, who have demonstrated leadership skills in the classroom, as well as in sports, social work or other areas. Recipients of thisscholarship will be able to pursue courses at either a local or overseas university – a significant step towards pursuing their life’s dreams and ambitions.
Fields of Study
The local or foreign university must be recognized by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. For local universities, there is no restriction to field of studies; for foreign universities, preferred field of studies are those related to the telecommunications industry.
- Business Administration / Management / Marketing / Accounting / Finance / Communications / Human Resources Management;
- Engineering – Electronic / Electrical / Power / Computer Communications / Telecommunications / Civil and Mechanical;
- Computer Science / Information Technology / Information System / Science Quantitative;
- Mathematics / Actuarial Science;
- Applicants or their parents must be a Maxis postpaid customer with a minimum of 1 year tenure with Maxis postpaid services
- Having a good payment record with Maxis.
- Applicants must be Malaysian citizens aged below 23 years old.
- Applicants must not be bonded to any body and must have secured an unconditional offer or acceptance letter from a local or foreign university prior to receiving theMaxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA).
- Applicants can apply for the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA) with a conditional offer letter from a local or foreign university. Upon being awarded the Scholarship, they must have an unconditional offer or acceptance letter from their university of choice.
- Applicants currently in their 1st or 2nd year of undergraduate studies may also apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and be active in extra-curricular activities. Applicants must at least pass their SPM examinations and achieve any of the following results in their foundation course of choice :
o STPM – minimum 3 As or
o Matriculation / Diploma – CGPA 3.5 or above or
o A Levels – minimum 3 As or
o Australian TER – minimum 90.0 or
o Recognized foundation/Pre-university courses – equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above or
o Current 1st or 2nd year university students must have a CGPA of 3.5 or above
* Applicants are also required to:
o Possess a good command of the English language, both written and oral;
o Be a team player;
o Excel in extra-curricular activities and sports; and
o Possess leadership qualities.
Value of Scholarship
RM10,000 per year (Local university); RM150,000 per year (Foreign university)
In keeping with industry practice, those who are pursuing local degrees will not be bonded, while those who pursue overseas courses will be bonded for 3 years.
How to Apply
Apply online at Maxis Portal.
Before filling in the online application form, please note that MAXIS DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS. Applicants must prepare soft copies of the following documents, which should be attached with the form and sent to the scholarship committee.
- Proof of age (Certified Birth Certificate / Certified I.C.),
- Relevant academic transcripts including your SPM and foundation course results(STPM Results / A-Level Results / Matriculation Results / Diploma Results / Foundation Study Results),
- Letter of admission from the university,
- Two letters of recommendation from people who are qualified to provide insight into the applicant’s potential for success and leadership,
- Résumé (This MUST be included if the applicant has any prior work experience)
- Any other documents that applicants wish to submit to strengthen their application including copies of articles written, reports of volunteer work, extra-curricular certificates etc.
All attached documents must be in PDF format. Each document must not exceed the maximum file
size of 500 KB.
16 Dec 2011
For more information, please visit scholarship page.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- biasiswa maxis 2013
- biasiswa maxis 2014
- biasiswa maxis 2015
- biasiswa maxis 2012
- scholarship for actuarial science 2013 malaysia
- education fund from maxis
- maxis scholarship 2012 for undergraduate