HSBC Scholarship Award 2011 is now open for students who will be pursuing full time first-degree studies in 2011, in a recognised local public or private university or college. The HSBC Scholarship Awards aim to do just that by enabling deserving needy students to complete their first degree with a scholarship from HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad.
We are delighted to inform that we are increasing the scholarship amount to help the students pursue their desired degree with minimal financial burden.
Selection criteria will be based on financial needs and academic performances.
Fields of Study
No restriction on field of studies
- Malaysian students who will be pursuing degree studies in 2011
- Below 25 years of age
- Minimum 7 distinctions in SPM
- Minimum 2As and a pass in the General Paper in STPM or
- Minimum CGPA 3.5 in Diploma / Matriculation / Foundation
- Must have gained admission into a recognised local public or private university or college
- Family combined monthly household income is RM2,500 and below
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship, or award from any educational institutions, or any other organisations / foundation
- Education loan is permissible if the scholarship amount is not sufficient to cover tuition fees
Note: This scholarship award is not open to children of employees of HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad, HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad, HSBC Amanah
Value of Scholarship
- Local private university or college – RM10,000 per annum
- Local public university or college – RM8,000 per annum
How to Apply
Complete the application from; attach all certified true copies of relevant examination certificates and forward it to the address provided on the scholarship application form.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and required to attend an interview.
8 July 2011
For more information, please visit Scholarship Criteria Page.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- hsbc scholarship 2012 malaysia
- biasiswa HSBC 2012
- sholarships for first degree students
- scholarship for first degree
- hsbc scholarship
- hsbc malaysia