How to apply PTPTN loan Online
The PTPTN application process is easy, however various steps need to be follow through. Before you decide to apply PTPTN loan, please make sure, you met the eligibility criteria.
Online applications methods are as follows:
- Applicants need to apply through PTPTN Online Loan Application Website here during the opening and closing date of application for the respective IPT.
- Applicants must beforehand, have an individual account in the payment bank that has been decided by the IPT (refer here). Nevertheless, there were IPT’s that provided a bank account pre-opening services for applicants.
- For Master/PhD (Full Time) students whose loan has been approved under the Second Economy Stimulus Package (Mini Budget) from Ministry of Higher Education, students have to choose courses that started with ‘Bajet Mini’ in the ‘Nama Program/Kursus’ field.
- Applicants can check their application results via the PTPTN Online Loan Application Website here or visit PTPTN official website, 3 days after the closing date of online applications for their respective IPT.
- Successful applicants then must browse the PTPTN Online Loan Application Website here to print the applications documents.
- For printing purposes, applicant computers must be equipped with ‘Adobe Acrobat Reader’ program. If not, the program can be downloaded through Adobe official website at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/ and click the ‘Get ADOBE READER’ icon. Save and install the program in your computer.
Documents listed below must be printed using only white A4 paper (80 gsm), one sheet per page (no printing on front and back page on one sheet of paper) and using only black colored ink.
- 1 set (computer printed) and 1 copy (Photostat) of Education Loan Offer Letter (with Acceptance Letter, Permission Letter 1, 2, 3, and 4 complete with applicants signature**;
- 1 set (computer printed) and 1 copy (Photostat) of Education Loan Agreement complete with applicants signature**;
- 1 set (computer printed) and 1 copy (Photostat) of Education Loan Agreement Appendix complete with applicants signature on the space provided on below every pages of the documents**;
- 1 set (computer printed) and 1 copy (Photostat) of Guarantee (with Guarantor Guarantee Letter 1 and 2 and Guarantor account) complete with applicants signature**;
- 2 pieces of revenue stamps worth RM10.00 each** for every Loan Agreement that has been completed. The stamps must be pasted on the top right side of the front page of every agreement documents. (REFER TO APPENDIX A).
every set of documents is for Applicants and PTPTN. If applicants Guarantor needed a copy of the documents, Guarantor must submit an official letter to the address below :-
PERBADANAN TABUNG PENDIDIKAN TINGGI NASIONAL
Lot G2, Tingkat Bawah
Wisma Chase Perdana
Off Jalan Semantan
50490 Kuala Lumpur.
U/P: Unit Perjanjian
All applications must be accompanied by ONE (1) CERTIFIED TRUE COPY of the following supporting documents:
- Online loan application information (can be printed by pressing ‘Cetak Maklumat’ button on the Online Loan Application website) this document need no certification;
- Student’s identity card; (front and back of IC on the same page)
- SPM/SPMV certificate (a copy of the SPM examination result transcript will only be accepted if the period does not exceed TWO YEARS, i.e. commencing from year of SPM examination to year of PTPTN application / police report accompanied by SPM slip in case of missing or lost);
- Offer letter from IPT;
- Personal Account Book (the main page with account number)/ Bank Deposit Slip/ Personal account number certification according to banks specified by the IPT (if account number printed on the offer letter is wrong);
- Other qualification certificates/transcripts. Example: STPM/Diploma/Matriculation/Master;
- Pay slip / Government Pensioner’s Card / J/EA/EC/BA Form / Income Certification Form / Pension Statement / of GUARDIAN 1;
- Pay slip / Government Pensioner’s Card / J/EA/EC/BA Form / Income Certification Form / Pension Statement / of GUARDIAN 2;
- Pay slip / J/EA/EC/BA Form / Income Certification Form of APPLICANT;
- Pay slip / J/EA/EC/BA Form / Income Certification Form of APPLICANT’S SPOUSE;
- Identification card / Passport of BIOLOGICAL FATHER;
- Identification card / Passport of BIOLOGICAL MOTHER;
- Certificate of Death if deceased or Statutory Declaration if cannot be detected of BIOLOGICAL FATHER;
- Certificate of Death if deceased or Statutory Declaration if cannot be detected of BIOLOGICAL MOTHER;
- Confirmation Letter from Welfare Department/ Zakat Centre if receiving monthly payment from the agency – APPLICANT / MOTHER/ FATHER/ GUARDIAN.
For students who applied on the 2nd semester and above, additional supporting documents as below is also needed :
- Confirmation Letter from IPT (to prove that the applicant is still studying);
- Exam Results Slip of every semester before application.
Certification of Documents
Documents can ONLY be certified by:
- Principal of a Government Secondary School
- Head of Village
- Government Officer in Management & Professional (Group A)
- Government Legal Officer
- Government Advocate & Solicitor
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Justice of Peace
- State Exco Member
- Department of Student Affairs, University/College (assigned officers)
How To apply Online ?
- Application for the PTPTN Loan is now done on-line at http://epinjaman.ptptn.gov.my. Hard copy loan applications are no longer accepted. In order to apply for the loan, students require a PIN number from BSN Bank which cost RM5. Please visit a BSN Bank branch to purchase this PIN number.
- Open bank account as per your college/university requirement (refer here)
- Have valid email address
- Has fully settle any previous PTPTN outstanding loan
For more information on PTPTN loan, please visit PTPTN page. Good luck !