Malaysians about to embark on undergraduate or postgraduate studies abroad in 2011 can now apply for the British Council IELTS Scholarship.
A total of five (5) students will be chosen and each will receive a scholarship worth US$3,500. One scholarship is exclusively for students applying to higher educational institutions in the USA. Scholarship payments will be made to the attending higher educational institution to assist students with their tuition.
To be eligible, applicants should comply with the following minimum requirements:
- be a Malaysian national or a Malaysian resident with a valid passport
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate study outside Malaysia in 2011
- expected to attend a higher education institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- take an IELTS exam at a British Council IELTS centre after 1 February 2011
- have a valid IELTS score, with a minimum overall band score of 6.5.
- be willing to attend a panel interview and assessment
- be able to provide an original copy of the acceptance letter from the higher educational institution they have applied for.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form. Send the completed forms and all relevant documents to:
British Council IELTS Scholarship
Ground Floor, West Block, Wisma Selangor Dredging
142C, Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Or email to:
31 July 2011
For more information of British Council IELTS Scholarship 2011, please visit British Council.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- british council malaysia