Monbukagakusho: MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan) invites Malaysian citizens to apply for the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship Program for the academic year 2012.
The Government of Japan offers the following scholarship programmes each year for Malaysian nationals to apply. Interested applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully. Unless stated otherwise, scholarship applications should be made to the Embassy of Japan, Kuala Lumpur.
Fields of Study
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Aesthetics, Laws,
- Politics, Economics,
- Fine Arts,
- Business Administration & etc.
- Pure science,
- Engineering (Biomedical Eng, Civil Eng, Environmental Eng & etc.),
- Home Economics & etc.
Students majoring in medicine or dentistry shall not be allowed to carry out their clinical studies by conducting medical examinations or performing operations, unless they are permitted by the Ministry of Health and Welfare under the provisions of the Japanese laws concerned.
Fields of study must be one of those available at Japanese universities. Practical training given by factories or companies are excluded.
- Be Malaysian citizens
- Applicants must be Malaysian passport holders under 35 years of age as of 1st April 2012
- Applicant must have good command of Japanese language AND/OR English language, preferably those possessing valid TOEFL, IELTS or TOIEC certificate.
- Applicants must be university or college graduates, ideally a first class or second upper honours degree holder (CGPA must be at least 3.20 out of 4.0). (Those who will graduate from a university or college by March or September 2012 may apply). Applicants wishing to enter Master’s or Doctoral program must have completed a regular course of study of sixteen (16) year’s formal school education (excluding remove class).
- The study area must be in the same field as the applicant has studied (or is now studying) or is working in a related field.
- Be willing to learn the Japanese language and to receive university education in the Japanese language.
- Applicant who has already enrolled in a Japanese university is not eligible to apply. Military men and military civilian employees registered on the active list are not eligible.
Value of Scholarship
Estimated monthly allowances of 152,000 Yen (approx RM5,540) will be given to each grantee during the tenure of his / her scholarship. Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be exempted.
How to Apply
- Download and complete the application form.
- For NON-GOVERNMENT SERVANTS, Submit the completed application together with required and relevant documents to:
JAPAN INFORMATION SERVICE
EMBASSY OF JAPAN
NO.11, PERSIARAN STONOR,
OFF JALAN TUN RAZAK
50450 KUALA LUMPUR
Application Due Date for Academic Year 2012 (non-government servants): 1st April 2011 (Friday)
For more information, please visit Japanese Embassy portal.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- monbukagakusho scholarship 2013 malaysia
- monbukagakusho scholarship 2013
- monbusho scholarship 2013