Taylor’s in collaboration with leading world-class multinationals, is once again awarding full scholarships to outstanding students with exceptional academic results and leadership qualities in the Taylor’s World Class Scholarship (TWCS) 2011. This unique scholarship offers not only financial aid, but also the golden opportunity to intern or train with global brand names.
This marks the sixth consecutive year of the scholarship scheme which has, to date, disbursed over RM7.8 million in scholarships that has benefited 93 students. This scholarship is truly one-of-a-kind, as not only do the recipients benefit from academic and soft skills development, they are also given the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience with world-renowned multinationals.
Unlike conventional scholarships that only provide financial assistance, TWCS recipients are guaranteed practical training with some of the world’s most successful companies. The internship is carried out during the semester break of their degree course, and/or as a management training stint upon graduation, providing scholars with global recognition and the added edge to succeed in their careers after graduation.
This year the scholarships are offered in partnership with:
- BMW Group
- HSBC Bank Malaysia
- Leo Burnett
- Mandarin Oriental
- Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- The Nielsen Company
- Universal McCann
Fields of study
- Computing and IT
- Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts
Students with good actual results obtained from one sitting in 2010:
Minimum academic results:
- SPM : 8A’s and above (Combination of A+, A, A-)
- Taylor’s Foundation : Minimum CGPA 3.20 / Distinction in all subjects
- Foundation / Matriculation : Minimum 85% / CGPA 3.50 from other colleges
- STPM : Minimum GPA 3.33 in 3 subjects (minimum Grade C)
- CAL : BBB & above
- SAM : ATAR 85 & above
- CPU : 80% & above
- UEC : Maximum 14 points in 6 subjects (excluding Chinese), and must include 5Bs, English minimum B5
Other important considerations:
- An excellent record of extra curriculum activities – participation in clubs and societies, sports, community service and others
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and leadership qualities
- Possess strong communication skills
Value of Scholarship
- Full tuition fee waiver for stipulated tertiary programmes conducted at Taylor’s University in Malaysia
- Experience World Class internships and / or undergo management training programmes* (a 6-month minimum programme) at leading international corporations (subject to the discretion of the partner corporations)
- Global recognition
How to Apply
All application must be made by using the online application form.
The dateline for application is 8 April 2011 (Friday)
For more information and details of Taylor’s World Class Scholarship 2011 , please visit TAYLORS Portal.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- taylor college scholarship 2012
- uec scholarship 2012
- taylor\s world class scholarship 2012