The International Baccalaureate Pre-University Programme sees scholars being enrolled to complete the two-year International Baccalaureate (IB) programme at the International School of Penang (Uplands).
IB is a reputable programme tailored to provide scholars with a rounded education that prepares them for their university careers and lives ahead. We believe that the IB programme can develop young adults to be inquisitive, knowledgeable and caring, thus contributing towards creating a better world, recognising and respecting cultural differences and diversity.
Uplands has a renowned heritage with an international teaching faculty which focuses on quality education alongside extra-curricular activities that cultivate teamwork, confidence and all-roundedness. Students at Uplands have attained a consistent track record for academic results that are higher than the global average.
We will continue to sponsor their Undergraduate Degree Programme provided they are successful in obtaining placements in selected courses outlined by Axiata in the top universities* in the United Kingdom.
*The list of selected universities will vary from time to time depending on the annual international ranking system.
Application for the Young Talent Programme must be submitted to Axiata Group Berhad by the due date.
- The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen or a permanent resident of Malaysia.
- The applicant must have achieved a result of at least 8 As in the SPM or equivalent.
- The applicant must obtain a grade A in English, Mathematics and Science (including any of the Pure Science subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- The applicant must be proficient in English, and any other spoken and written languages are favourable.
- The applicant must consistently display education excellence, as well as active participation in sports, clubs and societies, and/ or the performing arts.
- The offer is subject to terms and conditions in relation to the student’s performance in academic and extra-curricular activities. Successful candidates will be required to attend to further assessment and interviews.
The Young Talent Programme will cover the full duration of the pre-university course, subject to Axiata Group Berhad’s terms and conditions. The programme’s coverage includes all tuition fees, text books, boarding, travel* and laptops*. A non-curriculum fund will be provided for students to participate in the school based extra-curricular activities.
In addition to the school related fees, Axiata Group Berhad will also bear the full cost of the Ax-Factor initiatives.
*Subject to Terms and Conditions
How To Apply
Application must be made online at Axiata website.
The closing date for application is 5 April 2011
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- pre-university scholarship 2012 (46)
- www axiata scholarships (2)
- scholarship pre-u (2)
- axiata bhd scholarship (1)
- scholarship 2013axiata (1)
- PRE UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS (1)
- nanyang pre-u education fund scholarship 2013 form (1)
- maxis schorlarship 2013 due date (1)
- biasiswa esso malaysia berhad (1)
- biasiswa asiata (1)