The National Semiconductor “Power of Education Scholarship” Asia Foundation Malaysia invites Malaysian students who have successfully been accepted into Universiti Malaya (UM) and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) to pursue a degree in electrical engineering, electronics or physics to apply for the “Power of Education Scholarship”.
This program is sponsored by National Semiconductor with the objective of providing opportunities to qualified students who, despite their academic competence, are unable to continue their education due to financial constraints. The scholarship will include course fees and a stipend to subsidize the cost of books and living expenses.
The National Semiconductor University Scholarship Program will be awarded to low-income boy and girls who have been admitted into UM or UKM. The candidates will have demonstrated academic achievement and a commitment to learning. Selection will be based on the following:
- All candidates must be entering their first year of university for the academic session 2011/2012;
- All candidates must have secured admission to UM or UKM pursuing a degree in electrical engineering, electronics or physics ; and
- All candidates will be able to demonstrate financial need illustratively, salary statements of parents will be requested; family income should be less than RM2500 per month.
Each student will be ranked and the most qualified and needy students will be offered the program.
Conditions of Scholarship
- Depending on the duration of the course, this scholarship allows a full study term of up to four years.
- No extension of the study period will be granted.
- Students are required to pass all the required course/exams in each term/semester.
- Failing to pass one course/exam will result in the termination of the program.
This scholarship is also open to the children of National Semiconductor employees.
Engagement Opportunities for Scholarship Recipients
- January 2012 & 2013: week-long program at the National Semiconductor plant during semester break.
- September 2014: Four month internship within National Semiconductor’s Test Engineering Department.
- Upon graduation, scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to apply for open positions prior to University job fairs and road shows.
- Selection of candidates is final.
How to Apply
Applicants will have to submit the completed form two weeks after the letter of offer is received by the candidate from the University to the following address:
The Asia Foundation
Suite 13.05, Level 13
South Tower, The Gardens
Mid Valley City
Lingkaran Syed Putra
59200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2282 0385
Fax: +603-2282 5385
16 September 2011
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- ukm scholarship
- biasiswa ukm
- engineering scholarship malaysia
- engineering scholarships in malaysia
- ukm scholarship 2012
- ukm scholarship 2013