The Axiata Young Talent Programme for National Secondary School Programme is now opened for application.
The first level of the programme is for Secondary School, where students who have displayed academic excellence through the Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) and outstanding extra-curricular activities are sponsored to complete five years of education.
Why start at 13 years old?
Axiata believes that the five years spent at Secondary School are among the most crucial years of a young individual’s life. It is at this time that they will be exposed to and learn the values and habits that will eventually form the behavioural guidelines for their later years. Our Young Talent Programme is developed with the aim of producing high achieving and competent scholars.
The Young Talent Programme will cover the full five years of the secondary school education, subject to Axiata Foundation’s terms and conditions. The programme’s coverage includes all tuition fees, text books, school uniforms and laptops*. A non-curriculum fund will be provided for students to participate in the school based extra-curricular activities.
In addition to the school related fees, Axiata Foundation will also bear the full cost of the Ax-Factor initiatives.
*Subject to Terms and Conditions
Application for the Young Talent Programme must be submitted by the student to Axiata Foundation on or before the due date. The details for the application will be announced closer to the opening of the Young Talent Programme.
To be a scholar under the National Secondary School Programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen or a Malaysian permanent resident
- The applicant must achieve a minimum of 5 As in the recent Ujian Pencapaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) trial examinations
- The applicant must consistently be a top ten student in Standard 4, 5 and 6 of his/her Primary School education
- The applicant must display an active participation in sports, clubs and societies, and/or the performing arts
- The applicant must be proficient in both English and Bahasa Malaysia, and any other spoken and written languages are favourable
- Priority is given to students from low income and rural families
How to apply
Click here to apply to the National Secondary School Programme.
The closing date for Form 1 2012 intake is midnight on the 6 September 2011.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- axiata foundation
- www axiatafoundation com
- biasiswa axiata
- biasiswa axiata 2012
- biasiswa axiata upsr