The Embassy of Japan is pleased to announce that the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarships for the academic year 2013 is opened for application now. Malaysian nationals who would like to pursue their studies in Japan are invited to apply for the scholarship.
There are two (2) categories available under the scholarships:
Undergraduate (5 ~ 7 years bachelor degree course from April 2013)
- Applicants must be between 17 and 22 years of age of 1st April 2013 (i.e. born between 2nd April 1991 and 1st April 1996)
- Applicants must have completed SPM or O-Level with at least 11 years of formal education (excluding remove class).
- Students who have completed STPM, UEC, Matriculation or Diploma may also apply with STPM, UEC, Matriculation or Diploma results.
- Applicants must have good command of English with excellent result in other major subjects.
- Application due date: 13th April 2012 (Friday), before 4:00pm
Postgraduate (11?2 or 2 years course from April or October 2013)
- Applicants must be under 35 years of age as of 1st April 2013 (i.e. born on or after 2nd April 1978)
- Applicants must be a degree holder (ideally a 1st or 2nd Class Upper Honours Degree with 16 years of formal education (excluding remove class).
- Undergraduates who are in the final year at their respective universities are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who are civil servants must apply through the Public Service Department of Malaysia (JPA). For further details, please visit www.jpa.gov.my or contact JPA at 03-8885-3432 (Cik Siti Haslina bt Hashim).
- Application due date (for non civil servants): 6th April 2012 (Friday), before 4:00pm
- Application due date (for civil servants): 30th March 2012 (Friday)
- During the term of the scholarship, monthly allowances of approximately 117,000 yen (approx RM4,300) will be given to undergraduate grantee and 143,000 yen (approx RM5,300) to postgraduate grantee (amount subject to change).
- Fees of the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be exempted.
- A round-trip airplane ticket is also provided.
How To Apply ?
- Application forms and guidelines can be collected from the Embassy of Japan or printed out from the Embassy of Japan’s website (www.my.emb-japan.go.jp).
- Alternatively, applicants can send self-addressed envelopes pasted with 80-cents stamps to Japan Information Service, Embassy of Japan, No.11, Persiaran Stonor, Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Please indicate “Undergraduate” or “Postgraduate” at the top left-hand corner of all envelopes when submitting applications. Applicants should ensure their forms are complete with the required attachments. Late submissions will not be considered.
For further information, please access to www.my.emb-japan.go.jp or contact the embassy at 03-2177-2600 (ext. 146 [undergraduate] / 157 [postgraduate]).
An Education Counsellor is stationed at Japan Information Centre (1st Floor, Embassy of Japan) every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (excluding embassy holidays) from 10am-12noon. Applicants are welcome to make use of the service here or make telephone enquiries to 03-2177-2600 (ext. 185) during this period.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- biasiswa 2013
- biasiswa yang dipertuan agong 2013
- mext 2013