Taylor’s University, in collaboration with leading world-class multinationals, is once again awarding full scholarships to outstanding students with exceptional academic results and leadership qualities in the Taylor’s World Class Scholarship (TWCS) 2012. This unique scholarship offers not only financial aid, but also the golden opportunity to intern or train with global brand names.
This marks the seventh consecutive year of the scholarship scheme which has, to date, disbursed over RM6.6 million in scholarships that has benefited 100 students. This scholarship is truly one-of-a-kind, as not only do the recipients benefit from academic and soft skills development, they are also given the opportunity to acquire hands-on industry experience with world-renowned multinationals.
Unlike conventional scholarships that only provide financial assistance, TWCS recipients are guaranteed practical training with some of the world’s most successful companies. The internship is carried out during the semester break of their degree course, and/or as a management training stint upon graduation, providing scholars with global recognition and the added edge to succeed in their careers after graduation.
This year the scholarships are offered in partnership with:
|BDO||Taylor’s Business School|
|BMW Group||Taylor’s Business School|
|HSBC Bank Malaysia||Taylor’s Business School|
|IBM||Taylor’s School of Computing and IT|
|Leighton||Taylor’s School of Engineering|
|Leo Burnett||Taylor’s School of Communication
The Design School @ Taylor’s (except Interior Architecture)
|Mandarin Oriental||Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts|
|Shangri-La Hotel||Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts|
|Siemens||Taylor’s School of Engineering|
|VERITAS design group||Taylor’s School of Architecture, Building & Design
The Design School @ Taylor’s (Interior Architecture only)
|Weber Shandwick||Taylor’s School of Communication|
Click here to learn more about these world-class corporations.
Advantages of being a TWCS Recipient
- Full tuition fee waiver for stipulated tertiary programmes conducted at Taylor’s University in Malaysia
- Experience world-class internships and / or undergo management training programmes* (a 6-month minimum programme) at leading international corporations (subject to the discretion of the partner corporations)
- Global recognition
* Subject to interview process upon graduation
Click here to find out what the TWCS recipients (scholarship holder of 2006-2009) have to say.
Qualifications and Eligibility
The following are the qualifications and minimum entry requirements for the TWCS programme:
|SPM||Minimum of 8As (combination of A+, A, A-)|
|Taylor’s Foundation||Minimum CGPA 3.55|
|Foundation / Matriculation from other colleges||Minimum CGPA 3.80|
|STPM||Minimum GPA 3.33 in 3 subjects (minimum Grade C)|
|A Levels||ABB and above|
|South Australian Matriculation (SAM)||ATAR 85 and above|
|Canadian Pre-University (CPU)||85% and above|
|UEC||Maximum 12 points in 6 subjects (excluding Chinese), and must include 5Bs, English minimum B3|
The above qualifications and requirements refer to results obtained by students from one sitting in 2011.
Other recognised and equivalent qualifications will also be considered on a case-to-case basis. Verification will be based on actual results.
- Applicants are required to write an essay of 200-400 words in the online application form.
- The essay’s question is “Describe one of the most challenging moments in your life and how it has affected you.”
- Below are some useful tips for applicants to take note when preparing the required essay :
- The essay must address the question/topic provided.
- Focus on an angle that is suitable for the topic and elaborate on the story to make it interesting, unique and different from others.
- Do provide concrete experiences instead of making generalisation.
- Avoid repeating statements in the essay. It is important to be concise and clear in the essay statements.
- Write well and accurately by proofreading the essay before submission.
- If all or part of the essay submitted is found to be plagiarised, applicants will be immediately disqualified.
- Applicants must demonstrate an excellent record of extra curriculum activities, participation in clubs and societies, sports, community service and others.
- Applicants must possess good attitude and leadership qualities.
- Applicants must have a high level of English proficiency and good communication skills.
- Applicants should not be a recipient of any other scholarships, financial aid or award from any education institutions or organisations.
- Shortlisting of scholars will be based on the above entry requirements and performance during the face-to-face interview.
All online applications will be assessed based on the information provided in the application form as well as on the written essay.
1st round interview
An interview (via phone or face-to-face) will be conducted with the 1st round of shortlisted candidates.
2nd round interview
Further shortlisted candidates will be required to do a presentation during this interview session with the Scholarship Committee and representative(s) from the partner companies.
Click here to apply online.
Closing date for application is by 6 April 2012 (Friday).
Click here to download the TWCS brochure.