The Japanese Government is offering scholarships to Malaysians under 40, who are interested in pursuing master’s degree courses in Japan under the Young Leaders’ Program (YLP), beginning next year.
The Young Leaders’ Program (YLP) aims to contribute to the fostering of future national leaders in Asian and other countries. In addition, while deepening the participants’ understanding about Japan, it should help form a network among national leaders, contributing to the establishment of friendly relationships and improved policy planning activities among Asian and other countries, including Japan.
The YLP is one of the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho-MEXT) Scholarship Student systems.MEXT= The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
Field of Study
Five courses were available under the YLP as follows :
- Business Administration,
- School of Government,
- School of Local Governance and Medical Administration.
Students will receive a monthly allowance of about 242,000 yen (RM9,692.75), with fees for entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at the universities exempted, and a round-trip airplane ticket provided.
August ~ September Submit application form to respective Recommending Authorities by due date.
February (following year) Interview. Only successful candidates will be notified to attend the interview.
May~June Notification of final result.
September or October Depart to Japan.
(1) Applications must be submitted to the respective Recommending Authorities. Late submissions will not be entertained no matter what reasons are given.
(2) Applications without sufficient documents (stated in the guidelines) will not be considered.
(3) Submitted application forms and documents will not be returned, whatever reasons given.
(4) The decision on successful candidates made by the Embassy of Japan is final. Any queries on the final decision will not be entertained.
Application for the scholarship is now open until Sept 21, 2012.
Those interested in the Business Administration course can contact the National Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia at 03-62049811 (Annie William) while for the other courses, candidates can call the Public Service Department at 03-88853555 (Noor Zahrina).