USM Global Fellowship
USM Global Fellowship was launched by YB Dato’ Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia on 30 July 2012 to ensure a bright future for Malaysia through attracting bright talents from all parts of the world to come and study their PhD at USM.
This fellowship is an indication that Malaysia is ready to acknoweldge and celebrate knowledge and experience with the world. The USM Global Fellowship aspires to enhance nation building, synergise global talents, and to boost a greater knolewdge society through the global talents we’ve engaged.
The USM Global Fellowship is open for application to all nationalities across the globe who aspire to pursue full time Doctoral studies in various research fields with Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
Fields of Study
All Doctoral studies programme offered by USM.
- All nationalities not exceeding 40 years of age on the date of application.
- Not a recipient of any financial support or sponsorship from any organisation or education institution.
- Excellent health condition
- Obtained a First Class (Hons) Bachelor or CGPA = 3.67 from any recognised, local, or foreign universities. Applicants with First Class (Hons) or with CGPA = 3.67 may be eligible to be directly admitted as a PhD candidate (terms and conditions apply) ; or
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA = 3.50 from any recognised local or foreign universities, and
- Obtained a Master’s Degree (Course Work / Mixed Mode) with CGPA = 3.50 or by Research Mode from any recognised local or foreign universities.
Priority will be given to candidates with the following credentials:
- Good communication skills and proficient in English is an added advantage;
- A minimum score of 550 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Proof of article publications in refereed journals.
- Possess good leadership skills with good personality traits.
Value Of Award
The fellowship covers:
- Academic Fees
- Tuition Fees – As charged
- Examination Fees – As charged
- Non-recurring Fees
- Registration – As charged
- Personal bond – As charged
- Return economy flight ticket – As charged – One off
- Settling down allowance – RM2,000 – One off
- Monthly living allowance – RM3,000 – One off
- Book/equipment allowance – RM1,000 – One off
- Computer allowance – RM3,000 – One off
- Final thesis project – RM2,000 – One off
The maximum duration of this fellowship is 36 months (6 semesters), subject to Universiti Sains Malaysia’s terms and conditions.
Terms And Conditions
Recipients will be
- expected to study in Universiti Sains Malaysia and complete their studies within a maximum of 6 semesters.
- required to serve with USM for 3 years upon completion of studies if offered.
How to Apply
- The fellowship is open for application from 01 August 2012 to 31 October 2012.
- All application must be made using the official application form with the following supporting documents.
- Passport size photograph
- A copy of passport (if any) for non Malaysian applicant or ID. Only the first page with personal details is required
- Research Proposal
- Proof of publication in journals (provide link if available on website)
- Certified copies of University degree certificates and relevant university transcripts for all academic degrees
- Certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL 9if any)
- Certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor
- Submit your completed application form and supporting documents to USM documents by courier or email.
Institute of Postgraduate Studies
Universiti Sains Malaysia
11800 USM, Penang
Fax: +604-653 2940
Please save the completed application form as an MS Word document with both your name and the Fellowship’s acronym in its file name. Example: If your name is Ahmed Abu, name the file “AHMED_USMGF.doc” as appropriate.All proof and documents should be scanned and compressed together with this application form in a zipped file to avoid your documents to be missed out.Please e-mail to email@example.com.
The closing date for USM Global Fellowship is 31 October 2012.
For more details of USM Global Fellowship, please visit USM portal.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- biasiswa phd 2016
- biasiswa usm 2016