Scholarship Talent Talent Attraction and Retention (STAR)
STAR programme is a collaboration between TalentCorp and the Public Service Department (JPA). STAR enables JPA scholars to serve their scholarship bond in the private sector. Participants who take part in this programme will be given opportunities to serve at key Malaysian companies that support the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP).
How to participate in STAR programme?
JPA Scholars who have not been offered employment by the Government (including recruiting authorities other than Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam) after graduation are eligible to participate in the STAR programme.
TalentCorp will contact the scholars who have successfully been accepted to participate in the programme. Scholars who have not been contacted by TalentCorp but are interested in participating must first seek JPA’s permission to be allowed to participate.
Who can participate in the STAR programme
JPA scholars who graduated in 2010 and the years after are eligible for the STAR programme. JPA scholars who have not been offered employment by the Government (including recruiting authorities other than Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam) after graduation are also eligible to participate in the STAR programme. TalentCorp will contact the scholars who have been selected by JPA to participate in this programme. More details can be found here.
The terms and conditions of this programme
- Scholars continue to be bound to the terms and conditions of their scholarship contract with JPA.
- Scholars must report for duty to JPA upon graduation and apply to Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam (SPA) as per existing procedures. Failure to do so will negate eligibility for the STAR programme.
- Scholars are expected to seek employment among the participating companies by undergoing the usual company recruitment processes.
- Scholars are expected to inform TalentCorp if and when they receive an offer from a participating company.
- Upon receipt of an offer letter from a participating company, scholars are expected to submit an application along with a copy of the offer letter via TalentCorp to obtain JPA’s approval to serve in the company.
- If approved, scholars are expected to serve their bond term with the company and will be monitored by TalentCorp.
- Scholars are allowed to switch to another participating company once (1) throughout their bond period. Additional requests to switch will be subject to review.
For further details of the programme, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and TalentCorp.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- biasiswa star jpa
- how to register STAR programme under talentcorp
- talent corp scholardhip