2013 Ancora-Khazanah Asia Scholarship
The Ancora-Khazanah Asia Scholarship is a collaboration between the Ancora Foundation and Yayasan Khazanah to allow Indonesians to pursue a four-year undergraduate education at leading Malaysian universities.
This programme supports Yayasan Khazanah’s objective to develop future business and industry leaders in the region. It further provides a means for Khazanah and its group of companies to contribute towards the social development of the countries it has operational interests, especially Indonesia. It seeks candidates with an excellent academic record and rigor in extracurricular activity. It is a highly competitive process.
Since 2009, five candidates were selected from a field of around 500 applicants. They have several universities to choose from. These include Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Universiti Multimedia, Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Universiti Malaya and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM).
Applicants should :
- not exceed 21 years;
- have completed Sekolah Menengah Umum 3 (SMU3) and obtained minimum points of 8.0 for every subject in the Ujian Akhir Nasional by August 2013 or obtained a minimum of 3As & 1B for A-Levels or a minimum CGPA 3.50/4.00 or ‘A’ grade average or equivalent for a pre-university or matriculation programme;
- demonstrate proficient command of English Language; and
- show strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities.
Field of Study
The scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate degree level in courses offered by the University
Each scholarship shall cover the following:
- Tuition and other compulsory fees (as specified by the respective Malaysian universities);
- Living costs; and
- Return air-ticket (economy class)
Complete the electronic registration form and, along with a passport photograph with a blue background (max file size 500 KB), send it back to [email protected]
31 December 2012