Yayasan Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship Programme (Local) 2013
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified candidates to apply for Yayasan Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship Programme (Local) 2013.
Eligibility & Criteria
- Aged 25 years or below
- Good communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and potential
- Actively involved in extra-curricular activities and sporting events
- STPM leavers or students who have completed or currently in the final semester of their foundation programme, local matriculation programme or diploma programme and will enroll into undergraduate programme in local university in 2013
- Candidates who have received conditional offer letter from local universities accepted by YSD will be given priority.
- Students who are currently in the 1st year of undergraduate studies in universities accepted by YSD
Minimum Academic Requirement
- STPM (minimum 3A) or
- CGPA of 3.50 or above in latest academic result.
Note: Previous academic achievements will be taken into consideration.
Fields of Study
Scholarship will be offered to individual pursuing the following fields of study:
Business : Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration/ Management, Economics, Human Resource, Finance, Property and Asset Management, Real Estate & Value Management
Engineering and Technology : Computer, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Sciences : Agriculture, Plantations Technology, Plantation Management, Environmental Science, Agronomy
Note: Scholarships for medicine, pharmacy, dentistry and medicine related degree are not available.
Value of Scholarship
Full scholarship covers tuition fees, board and lodging, books allowance and computer allowance.
Recipients of scholarship will have the opportunity to undergo Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through internship within the Sime Darby Group of Companies.
Note: The scholarship will only cover expenses incurred after the award to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement).
Service Bond Period
On completion of studies, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Group of Companies for 2 to 4 years, depending on the duration and value of the award.
The scholarship is open to applicants looking to study in the following academic institutions:
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Monash University (Malaysia Campus)
- Taylor’s University
Online application for 2013 intake available from 9 March - 31 March 2013.
Note: Incomplete applications and applications with insufficient supporting documents will be rejected.
Applicants will have to fill up and pass the eligibility check to apply for the scholarship. Applicants who pass the eligibility check will immediately receive via e-mail the login details to submit the application form via YSD scholarship portal(YSMS). Please read the Online Application Guidelines before you proceed.
Click HERE to apply! (Link only active during application period)
Malaysia Scholarship Tips
We have few articles that worth to read on how to apply scholarship in Malaysia, don’t miss to read all of them at Malaysia Scholarship Tips Section. If you don’t have any resume / cv yet, get your first resume now and bring it during your scholarship interview, we have few templates for your use.