Yayasan Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship Programme (US) 2013
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified candidates to apply for Yayasan Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship Programme (US) 2013.
Eligibility & Criteria
- Aged 25 years or below
- Good communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and potential
- Actively involved in extra-curricular activities and sporting events
- Completed pre-university/ foundation/ matriculation/ Diploma programme at local institution with excellent academic result
- Received conditional offer from universities accepted by Yayasan Sime Darby for enrolment in 2013.
Minimum Academic Requirement
- STPM (minimum 3A) or
- Pre-University/ Foundation/ Local Matriculation / Diploma (minimum CGPA of at least 3.50) or 3As for A-Level programme
- Completed SAT I paper with at least 1200 points (for 2 subjects) or 1600 (for 3 subjects) and minimum 100 points for TOEFL.
Note: Previous academic achievements will be taken into consideration.
Fields of Study
Scholarship will be offered to individual pursuing the following fields of study:
Business : Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resource, Economics
Engineering and Technology : Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Note: Scholarships for medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, and medicine-related degree are not available.
Value of Scholarship
Full scholarship covers tuition fees, board and lodging, books/ equipment allowance, settling-in allowance, shipping allowance, computer allowance and airline tickets at the beginning and at the end of the course.
Recipients of scholarship will have the opportunity to undergo Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through internship within the Sime Darby Group of Companies.
Note: The scholarship will only cover expenses incurred after the award to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement).
Service Bond Period
On completion of studies, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Group of Companies for 4 to 6 years, depending on the duration and value of the award.
The scholarship is open to applicants looking to study in the following academic institutions:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Harvard University
- Yale University
- Columbia University
- Stanford University
- Princeton University
- University of California, Berkeley
- Cornell University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of Pennsylvania
- John Hopkins University
- California Institute of Technology
- University of Chicago
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- University of Michigan, Ann-Arbor
- Duke University
Online application for 2013 intake available from 9 March - 24 March 2013.
Incomplete applications and applications with insufficient supporting documents will be rejected.
Applicants will have to fill up and pass the eligibility check to apply for the scholarship. Applicants who pass the eligibility check will immediately receive via e-mail the login details to submit the application form via YSD scholarship portal(YSMS). Please read the Online Application Guidelines before you proceed.
Click HERE to apply! (Link only active during application period)
Malaysia Scholarship Tips
We have few articles that worth to read on how to apply scholarship in Malaysia, don’t miss to read all of them at Malaysia Scholarship Tips Section. If you don’t have any resume / cv yet, get your first resume now and bring it during your scholarship interview, we have few templates for your use.