Khazanah Global Scholarship Progamme 2013
About Yayasan Khazanah
At Yayasan Khazanah, we don’t just select scholars with exceptional intelligence, drive and a track record of accomplishments; we look for potential leaders who can redefine the future.
Our hope is to groom the next generation of leaders in businesses and industries so that you can transform and make substantial contributions to Malaysia’s government-linked companies (GLCs) and other top organisations in the country or around the world.
About Khazanah Global Scholarship Programme 2013
The Khazanah Global Scholarship is a prestigious award that offers opportunities for bright and high-achieving Malaysians to pursue Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies at selected leading universities around the world. In addition, recipients of the Khazanah Global Scholarship are provided with leadership trainings and job attachments at leading organisations in Malaysia.
The trainings, job attachments and exposures, and the facility to gain professional experience at leading corporations in the world represent opportunities that we provide in our quest to nurture our scholars to realise their potential to become Malaysia’s future business and industry leaders.
The duration of the scholarship will be for the full course of study, as stipulated in the offer of admission, subject to Yayasan Khazanah‘s terms and conditions.
List of Approved University for Khazanah Global Scholarship Progamme 2013
The scholarship is open to all Malaysians planning to pursue or are currently pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies at top universities as follows :
|The approved lists of universities in UK, US, Australia and Japan by Yayasan Khazanah are as below:|
|1.||University of Oxford|
|2.||University of Cambridge|
|3.||London School of Economics and Political Science|
|4.||University College London|
|5.||University of Warwick|
|6.||Imperial College London|
|7.||University of St Andrews|
|9.||University of Exeter|
|10.||University of Bristol|
|13.||California Institute of Technology|
|14.||University of Chicago|
|15.||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|17.||University of Pennsylvania|
|24.||University of Sydney|
|25.||University of Melbourne|
|26.||Australian National University|
|27.||University of Tokyo|
|General Terms and Conditions|
|1.||Possess strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities|
|2.||A personal statement (for undergraduate study) or a research outline/ thesis summary (for postgraduate study) is required|
|3.||Applicants must have a consistent and outstanding academic achievement record as follows:|
|For Foundation Studies|
|1.||Obtained a minimum of 8As (combination of A and A+) in the recent SPM examination|
|2.||Not exceeding 18 years of age as at the enrolment date for the foundation studies.|
|For Undergraduate Studies|
|1.||Obtained a minimum 3As for A-level|
|2.||Obtained a minimum of 3.50 CGPA for Bachelor’s Degree|
|3.||Obtained admission to pursue or currently pursuing studies at renowned universities (Conditional offer can be considered)|
|4.||Not exceeding 21 years of age as at the enrolment date for the Degree programme|
|1.||Obtained a minimum of Second Class (Upper) Degree (Hons) for Bachelor’s Degree|
|2.||Obtained admission to pursue studies at renowned universities (Conditional offer can be considered)|
|3.||Not exceeding 40 years of age as at the enrolment date for the Master programme|
|1.||Obtained a distinction or ‘A’ grade average or equivalent (if there is a point systems) at Masters level|
|2.||Obtained admission or currently pursuing studies at renowned universities (Conditional offer can be considered)|
|3.||Not exceeding 40 years as at the enrolment date for the Doctorate programme|
How To Apply ?
All application for Yayasan Khazanah Scholarship must be made online at Yayasan Khazanah portal.
Closing date of application for Yayasan Khazanah Scholarship is 7th April 2013, 11:59pm.
- All communications will be done via email only (please check your inbox including junk mail).
- Closing date for the online application is on 7th April 2013, 11:59pm.
- If you do not receive any information by 15th April 2013, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- For undergraduate, you are required to upload a personal statement in pdf format to complete your online application (Title: Why Khazanah Nasional Scholarship is for you and how you can contribute to the good governance practice and leadership development of Malaysia).
- For postgraduate, you are required to upload your research outline or thesis summary to complete your online application.
- You may view and able to amend your application and must submit before or by the closing date for application. Once the closing date has passed, you will no longer able to view your application.
- You will receive 2 emails after you have created and submitted your online application; Email on the user id and password as well as email to notify the system has received your application.
- To ensure good experience during your online application, you are advised to use the following browsers (up to latest 2 versions of each browsers):
- Internet Explorer (IE7, IE8 and IE9)
- Google Chrome
Other browsers may work well with the application, but their compatibility is not guaranteed.
- Only online submission of application forms will be entertained. If you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please call 03-2034 4768, 03-2034 0427, 03-2034 0193 or 03-2034 4783.
Malaysia Scholarship Tips
We have few articles that worth to read on how to apply scholarship in Malaysia, don’t miss to read all of them at Malaysia Scholarship Tips Section. If you don’t have any resume / cv yet, get your first resume now and bring it during your scholarship interview, we have few templates for your use.