Maxis Scholarship 2013
For young and outstanding Malaysians who strive to set standards for themselves as well as others, Maxis Scholarship For Excellence presents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embark upon a journey that will lead them to the realisation of their greatest goals.
Allowing the best and brightest graduate students to pursue courses in a selection of programmes at the world’s top universities, Maxis Scholarship For Excellence promises academic excellence and broader personal horizons.
Maxis is offering undergraduate scholarships to postpaid customers or children of our customers who have excelled both in their academic studies as well as their extra-curricular activities. This scholarship is also open for application to children of Maxis permanent and contract employees.
- Applicants or their parents must be a Maxis postpaid customer with a minimum of one year tenure with Maxis postpaid services, having a good payment record with Maxis. Children of Maxis permanent and contract employees are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be Malaysian citizens aged below 23 years old.
- Applicants must not be bonded to any body and must have secured an unconditional offer or acceptance from a local or foreign university prior to receiving the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA).
Note: Applicants may apply for the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA) with a conditional offer letter from an approved local university or a preferred foreign university. However, they must have fully met the conditions of the offer prior to being awarded the scholarship.
- Applicants currently in their first or second year of undergraduate studies may also apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must achieve the following academic results :
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent: minimum 6 As
- Either one of the following foundation courses:
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM): minimum 3 As, or
- Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.5 or above, or
- A Level: minimum 3 As, or
- Australian TER: minimum 90.0, or
- Recognised Foundation/Pre-University courses: Equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above, or
- International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
- Current first or second year students: must have CGPA of 3.5 or above.
- Applicants are also required to:
- Possess a good command of the English language, both written and oral;
- Excel in extra-curricular activities; and
- Possess leadership qualities.
Field of Study and Courses
- The local or overseas universities that applicants have applied to, or enrolled in, must be recognized by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. The preferred list of universities are:
- Local Universities
- Overseas Universities; Times Higher Education 2011-2013 Top 50 World Universities by Subject:
- Top 50 Arts and Humanities universities
- Top 50 Engineering and Technology universities
- Top 50 Physical Sciences universities
- Top 50 Social Sciences universities
- For local scholarship application, there is no restriction to applicants’ field of study.
- For overseas scholarship application, the approved fields of study can be viewed HERE.
How To Apply
All application for Maxis Scholarship 2013 must be made online. Click here to apply now.
Applicants must prepare soft copies of the following documents, which should be certified as true copies and uploaded as 6 sets of files in the online application form: proof of age and mobile subscription; academic results transcripts; university offer; letters of recommendation; resume; and other documents that applicants wish to submit to strengthen their application.
The closing date for application is 10 May 2013.
Scholarship Provider Info
Website : maxis.com.my
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 1 300 82 1717
Malaysia Scholarship Tips
We have few articles that worth to read on how to apply scholarship in Malaysia, don’t miss to read all of them at Malaysia Scholarship Tips Section. If you don’t have any resume / cv yet, get your first resume now and bring it during your scholarship interview, we have few templates for your use.