Yayasan Sime Darby – Undergraduate Scholarship (Local) 2014
Sponsor : Yayasan Sime Darby
Fund Type : Scholarship
Target Recipient : Undergraduate
Sponsor Contact :
Contact No: +603-2711 0283
Yayasan Sime Darby – Undergraduate Scholarship (Local) 2014 Details
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified students who are in the first semester of their first year and students who will commence their undergraduate programme in September 2014 to apply for education sponsorship to pursue undergraduate studies at recognized Malaysian universities approved by YSD.
We are looking for well-rounded Malaysian candidates who have attained excellent academic achievement, demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and potential and who devote time to make an impact to the community through their extra-curricular activities.
Field of Studies
Scholarship will be offered to individual pursuing the following fields of study:
Business related courses:
- Business Management
- Estate Management
- Building Management
Engineering and Technology related courses:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology (IT)
Sciences related courses:
- Plantations Technology
- Environmental Sciences
Note: Scholarships for courses other than mentioned above are not available.
- Aged 25 years or below
- Total monthly gross household income of RM10,000
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities, sporting event and community service
- Strong leadership qualities through various leadership positions held in school and societies
- Good communication skills
Students below are eligible to apply for the scholarship:
- Completed their foundation/ matriculation/ diploma programme OR
- Currently applying or has received an offer letter from local universities OR
- Currently in 1st semester (diploma/degree) in local universities recognized by YSD
Minimum Academic Requirement
STPM (minimum 3A); or Pre-University/ Foundation/ Local Matriculation/ Diploma (minimum CGPA of at least 3.50); or 3A’s for A-Level programme.
Value of Scholarship
Full scholarship covers tuition fees, board and lodging, books allowance and computer allowance.
Recipients of scholarship will have the opportunity to undergo Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through internship within the Sime Darby Group of Companies.
Note: The scholarship will only cover expenses incurred after the award to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement).
On completion of studies, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Group of Companies for 2 to 4 years, depending on the duration and value of the award.
The scholarship is open to applicants looking to study in the following academic institutions:
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Monash University (Malaysia Campus)
- Taylor’s University
How To Apply Yayasan Sime Darby – Undergraduate Scholarship (Local) 2014 ?
Application must be made online HERE.
Applicants will have to fill up and pass the eligibility check to apply for the scholarship. Applicants who pass the eligibility check will immediately receive via e-mail the login details to submit the application form via YSD scholarship portal (YSMS). Please read the Frequently Asked Questions and the Online Application Guidelines before you proceed.
The deadline for the Yayasan Sime Darby – Undergraduate Scholarship (Local) 2014 application is 28 March 2014.
Malaysia Scholarship Tips
We have few articles that worth to read on how to apply scholarship in Malaysia, don’t miss to read all of them at Malaysia Scholarship Tips Section. If you don’t have any resume / cv yet, get your first resume now and bring it during your scholarship interview, we have few templates for your use.