The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Asia Pacific
Sponsor : Google
Fund Type : Scholarship
Target Recipient :
Sponsor Contact :
The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Asia Pacific Details
Recipients of the Google Anita Borg Scholarship: Asia Pacific will receive a scholarship amount specific to their local region in respect to tuition. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool across Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia and India. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend an annual Google scholars’ retreat in a Google office in Asia Pacific in 2014.
The eligibility criteria for this scholarship is as follows :
- Be a female student enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate study in the 2015 academic year.
- Be enrolled in a university in Asia Pacific, excluding Greater China* where we have an additional scholars’ retreat in China Mainland. Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Be majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science.
The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship is a global program. If you are a student who will not be enrolled at a university in Asia Pacific for the 2015 academic year, please visit the Anita Borg Scholarships Homepage to learn more about our Anita Borg Scholarship opportunities around the world.
How to Apply The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Asia Pacific ?
Please complete the online application which includes:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended academic for the 2014-2015 school year).
- Current resume.
- Academic transcripts from your current university (and prior institution if currently in graduate school).
- Responses to three essay questions.
* For students studying at a university in Greater China, we have a scholars’ retreat in China Mainland. Please submit your application based on your university location: China Mainland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
Closing date for The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Asia Pacific is 18 May 2014.
Malaysia Scholarship Tips
We have few articles that worth to read on how to apply scholarship in Malaysia, don’t miss to read all of them at Malaysia Scholarship Tips Section. If you don’t have any resume / cv yet, get your first resume now and bring it during your scholarship interview, we have few templates for your use.