Khazanah – Oxford Centre For Islamic Studies Merdeka Scholarship 2015
Sponsor :Yayasan Khazanah
Fund Type : Scholarship
Target Recipient : Postgraduate at Oxford Universities
Sponsor Contact :
Website: www.yayasankhazanah.com.my / www.oxcis.ac.uk/merdeka
The Khazanah-Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Merdeka Scholarships, established to mark the 50th anniversary of Malaysia’s independence, are intended to enable outstanding Malaysian students to undertake postgraduate study at the University of Oxford. Subject areas may be drawn from a range of fields. Candidates are required to demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, and how their study will make a contribution to the future needs of Malaysia. Awards will include university and college fees, accommodation and subsistence allowances, and return air fares.
Applications are invited from Malaysians citizens for the Merdeka Scholarships, tenable from October 2015, for those wishing to undertake postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford. Scholarships are awarded to successful candidates of exceptional academic calibre. Candidates will also need to show promise as future national leaders in their respective fields and be able to demonstrate how their study will make a beneficial contibution to Malaysia.
The scholarship will cover university and college fees, maintenance allowance and return air fares, and will be renewable annually for the duration of the course.
Candidates, must be citizen of Malaysia, should have an excellent record of academic achievement and a proven capacity for independent research. Attention will also be given to the personal qualities of the candidates in terms of their leadership potential and ability to communicate. Candidates will be expected to show how their future careers and wider interests of Malaysia will benefit from a period of study at Oxford. Award of scholarship is condition to candidates secured placement in University of Oxford.
Field of Study
The fields of study covered by the Scholarship Programme include the following;
- Business : Economics, Finance, Investment, Law, Actuarial Science
- Bio-Sciences: Bio-chemistry, Bio-technology, Bio-engineering, Molecular Biology, Genomics and Bio-informatics
- Engineering: Electronics, Micro-Electronics, Nano-technology, Materials Science
How to ApplyKhazanah – Oxford Centre For Islamic Studies Merdeka Scholarship 2015 ?
To apply, applicants are required to submit the following:
- The completed application form. Click here to download the application form
- A signed personal statement of not more than 1,000 words that includes a description of the intended area of study and describe how this will benefit Malaysia. The statement should also outline the applicant’s reasons for wanting to study at Oxford, and summaries the personal qualities that would make them a worthy recipient of a scholarship
- A list of academic qualifications and other awards and honours received
- A statement of the status of their application to the University of Oxford
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from referees who can assess in details the applicant’s academic performance and potential. Two recommendation letters must reach the Oxford Centre for Islamic studies by the application deadline.
The deadline forKhazanah – Oxford Centre For Islamic Studies Merdeka Scholarship 2015 the receipt of applications is 23 January 2015.
Further details and application forms may be obtained from the Academic Office or from the website of the Oxford Centre for Islamc Studies:
The Academic Office
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies
Oxford OX1 2AR
Tel: +44 1865 278730
Fax: +44 1865 248942
Malaysia Scholarship Tips
We have few articles that worth to read on how to apply scholarship in Malaysia, don’t miss to read all of them at Malaysia Scholarship Tips Section. If you don’t have any resume / cv yet, get your first resume now and bring it during your scholarship interview, we have few templates for your use.