Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship
Sponsor : Government of Japan
Fund Type : Scholarship
Target Recipient : Undergraduate/ Postgraduate
Sponsor Contact :
Contact No: 03-2177-2600 Ext 146
The Embassy of Japan is pleased to announce that the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarships for the academic year 2016 is opened for application now. Malaysian nationals who would like to pursue their studies in Japan are invited to apply for the scholarship.
There are 2 category of scholarships available under the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship as below :
- Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship Undergraduate Studies
- Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship Postgraduate Studies
Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship Undergraduate Studie
- Applicants must be between 17 and 22 years of age of 1 st April 2016 (i.e. born between 2 nd April 1994 and 1 st April 1999)
- Applicants must have completed SPM or O-Level with at least 11 years of formal education (excluding remove class).
- Students who have completed STPM, UEC, Matriculation or Diploma may also apply with STPM, UEC, Matriculation or Diploma results.
- Applicants must have good command of English or Japanese with excellent result in other major subjects.
Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship Postgraduate Studies
- Applicants must be under 35 years of age as of 1 st April 2016 (i.e. born on or after 2 nd April 1981)
- Applicants must be a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree holder (minimum CGPA 3.4) with 16 years of formal education (excluding remove class).
- Undergraduates or Master’s students who are in the final year at their respective universities are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who are civil servants must apply through the Public Service Department of Malaysia (JPA). For further details, please visit www.jpa.gov.my or contact Pn. Siti Norraifana (Tel: 03-8885-3518 Emel: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pn. Nur Hafizah (Tel: 03-8885-3421 Emel: email@example.com) d) Application due date (for non civi
During the term of the scholarship, monthly allowances of approximately 117,000 yen (approx RM3,500) will be given to undergraduate grantee and 143,000 yen (approx RM4,300) to postgraduate grantee (amount subject to change). Fees of the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be exempted. A round-trip airplane ticket is also provided.
The application must be made by using the application form which can be collected from the Embassy of Japan or printed out from the Embassy of Japan’s website (www.my.emb-japan.go.jp).
An Education Counsellor is stationed at Japan Information Centre (1 st Floor, Embassy of Japan) every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (excluding embassy holidays) from 10am-12noon. Applicants are welcome to make use of the service here or make telephone enquiries to 03-2177-2600 (ext. 185) during this period.
The deadline for Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship as below :
- For Undergraduate Studies is 27 March 2015
- For PostGraduate Studies is 20 March 2015 (for civil servants) 27 March 2015 (for non civil servants)
Malaysia Scholarship Tips
We have few articles that worth to read on how to apply scholarship in Malaysia, don’t miss to read all of them at Malaysia Scholarship Tips Section. If you don’t have any resume / cv yet, get your first resume now and bring it during your scholarship interview, we have few templates for your use.