Chevening Master Scholarships 2016/2017
Sponsor : UK Government
Fund Type : Scholarship
Target Recipient : Masters
Sponsor Contact :
Contact No :
Chevening Scholarships in Malaysia are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master’s at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening Scholarship offers financial support along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Malaysia can choose any course of study, but we particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
- Civil rights
- Climate change
- Cyber security
- Financial regulation
- Foreign policy
- Good governance
- Human rights
- Islamic finance
- Maritime law
- Security policy
- Sustainable development
- Trade and investment
- Candidates must be Malaysian citizens.
- Candidates should possess good academic qualifications and active in co-curricular activities.
- Candidates must not receiving educational sponsorship from other sponsors.
- Only undergraduates pursue study for first full-time degree courses are eligible to apply. Those pursuing Diploma, Foundation, off-campus courses, etc. are not eligible to apply
- Candidates must be pursuing study in 1st semester of 1st academic year (New intake of September 2015).
Applications for 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships are now open. Please read the information on this page carefully prior to applying. Applications close on 3 November at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time)
Applications for Chevening Scholarships can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on this page.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK Master’s course choices
Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
- English language (if already met the requirements)
- UK Master’s university offer (if already met the requirements)
You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any point up to 14 July 2016.
Please note that if you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you provide evidence that you meet the Chevening English language requirements and that you have at least one offer from an eligible course before 14 July 2016 in order to remain in the process.
It is recommended that you read the guidance below to help you submit an eligible application.
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- a thesis grant
- a grant for study materials
- a study travel allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
English language test centres in Malaysia are limited and so we strongly encourage you to book your test as soon as possible. Please see our English language page for further details on the test providers accepted by Chevening.
Closing date is 3 November 2015
Malaysia Scholarship Tips
We have few articles that worth to read on how to apply scholarship in Malaysia, don’t miss to read all of them at Malaysia Scholarship Tips Section. If you don’t have any resume / cv yet, get your first resume now and bring it during your scholarship interview, we have few templates for your use.
Malaysia Scholarship Search Terms:
- bank negara malaysia scholarship 2015/16